Be sure to check these tips out before beginning your journey
- Look for this sign to mark your way along the byway.
- Drive safely and pull over when taking photos or viewing wildlife.
- Be aware of big, slow moving, farm vehicles and gravel trucks using the rural roadways.
- Some portions of the Byway are gravel roads. Please exercise caution.
- Please do not litter.
- Respect the rights of private property owners. Please do not climb fences or gates.
- Help us preserve this beautiful landscape by not picking flowers and native grasses.
Total length of the Minnesota River Valley Scenic Byway is 287 miles.
See byway map for primary and alternate routes.
Exploring the Minnesota River Valley Scenic Byway may take you as little as two days or a full week
. . . there are enough stories for an entire lifetime.
Planning your venture into the valley along one or several byway itineraries can make the most of your time. You’ll find distinctly different sights with each segment and each byway community has a variety of lodging, restaurants and vehicle services.
Read more about the things to do and see along the Byway.
There are many places to stay overnight in the valley. Lodging choices along the Byway include charming bed and breakfasts, full service hotels, cozy motels, RV parks, and campgrounds.
Chambers of commerce and visitor centers are happy to provide detailed information.
Greater Mankato Convention & Visitors Bureau
1 Civic Center Plaza, Swuite 200
Mankato, MN 56001