Why do we need your support?
The byway’s goal is to strengthen communities in the Minnesota River Valley through tourism-based economic development with the promotion of the river valley’s exceptional historical, scenic, cultural, and recreational opportunities.
What is the Alliance?
The Byway Alliance is made up of cities, counties, historical societies, tourism entities, DNR, MnDOT, Tribal communities, and interested citizens along the 287-mile stretch of the Minnesota River. The Alliance meets many times a year to work toward the objectives of the byway. Some accomplishments of the Alliance include:
- A new Corridor Management Plan
- Distribution of Byway Visitors Guide
- mnrivervalley.com updates
- Byway videos
- Updated road signs
- Ads in tourism publications
- National case study for rural tourism
- Selected as a National Scenic Byway in 2002
What is the byway working on?
Some of the specific projects the Alliance will be working on this year include:
- Maintain Byway website
- Promote our Byway Videos
- Distribute Byway Visitors Guide
- Work with partners to develop the byway as a Heritage Tourism Destination
- Marketing our Byway
- Member – $50
- Supporter – $100
- Promoter – $150
- Partner – $300
- Sustainer – $500
**At the level of $150 or more, we’ll add both your listing and link on the byway website!
All members receive the following:
- E-mail updates and notices
- The opportunity to help further the projects listed in this brochure
- Listing of your business, organization, or name on the byway website
- A byway cling
How will your contribution be used?
Your membership financially supports byway awareness, advertising and updating the website. The more membership dollars we have, the more advertising we can do!
The Upper Minnesota Valley Regional Development Commission serves as the Byway’s fiscal agent.
If you would prefer to mail your membership, download the form here.